Trinxat of kale
For 4 people
- 600 g of potatoes
- 150 g of kale sprouts
- Two garlic cloves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Soy sauce (optional)
- Boil the potatoes, preferably unpeeled, in plenty of salted water.
- We will peel them easily with a sharp knife pulling off the skin.
- Brown the sliced garlic in a frying pan with a little bit of oil. We need to do it over very low heat so that it releases all its smell and starts toasting very slowly. When it has the right colour, we will remove it and leave it on a kitchen paper so that it keeps its crunchy texture.
- On the pan with the flavoured oil, we will smash the potato into irregular pieces, without making a puree.
- At this point, add the cabbage sprouts and turn up the heat for leaving a toasted colour on the outside. The aim is to cook the sprouts as shortly as possible.
- Optionally we can add a bit of soy sauce that will accentuate the toasted nuances.
- Spread the garlic slices and sprigs of cabbage sprouts on top of it, just before serving. They will bring a crunchy touch to it.